Simon’s Squash Starter
Next on our menu is this sumptuous starter from Simon. His bourbon-glazed butternut squash with goats cheese and pomegranate is sure to be a winner with everyone around the table. Share your efforts with us on social media using #SimplyMorzine.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 15-20 minutes
– 1 large butternut squash
– 200g goats cheese
– 1 pomegranate
– 1 clove of garlic
– 1 red chilli
– 150g butter
– 150ml bourbon
– 150ml honey
– Balsamic glaze
1. Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
2. Peel and cut the butternut squash into chips and roast in the oven for 15 minutes.
3. Crush or finely slice the garlic and finely slice the chilli (removing the seeds to lower the heat if you wish).
4. Once roasted, remove the butternut squash from the oven and pan fry with the garlic and chilli until dark in colour.
5. Add the bourbon and flambé for a few seconds (mind the flames!).
6. Add the butter and honey at the same time and toss until it turns into a caramel season.
7. Serve with rocket, pomegranate, crumbled goats cheese and balsamic glaze.