Accommodation procedures & protocols
The following are some of the more notable procedures & protocols that we are implementing across our accommodation portfolio. Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any queries or cannot find information on a certain area after reading the below.
CHECK-IN & CHECK-OUT
We require extra time in order to fully clean and sanitise all Simply Morzine accommodation on changeover days in line with new guidelines. This means that check-out is by 09:00 (10:00 at Hotel la Chaumiere), with check-in available from 17:00 (16:00 at Hotel la Chaumiere).
A contactless check-in procedure for self-catered properties is available should you require. However if you do prefer this, don’t worry, the level of service that you have come to expect from us would not be compromised. A Resort Representative would be available to guide you through everything you will need to know about check-in and your property/holiday over the phone.
CHANGEOVER DAY CLEANING PROCEDURES
In addition to our usual high-quality changeover cleaning process, we have implemented the following to help keep our guests and our employees safe:
- There is an additional 2 hours of cleaning time available for each property as required to allow for extra thorough cleaning and sanitization.
- Anti-viral cleaning products are used to sanitise the property after an initial clean.
- PPE equipment (i.e. face masks, gloves, indoor shoes) are worn by employees at all times in the property.
- There is thorough sanitization of high touchpoints within the property, for example; door handles, light switches, remote controls, plug sockets, handrails, taps, flushes, dining chairs and tables to name a few.
- All waste is double bagged and disposed of.
- There is good ventilation of properties during cleaning.
- Where non-disposable cleaning materials are used, they are washed at a minimum of 60 degrees prior to the next use.
- Additional, focused training is given to all members of staff.
- A general ‘decluttering’ of our properties is also unfortunately necessary – so you can expect to see fewer books/games/cushions and ‘general nik-naks’ etc.
In addition to the above, the following applies to our catered chalets and also to Hotel la Chaumiere, as relevant:
- All clients (aged over 11) and staff must wear a mask/face covering at all times when moving about the properties communal areas. Masks can be removed once seated.
- The chalet/hotel team;
- wear face masks inside the property
- wash their hands every 30 minutes or use disinfecting gel if washing is not possible
- have access to their own private bathroom facilities
- Dining areas have been reorganised to adhere to social distancing regulations. Tables are set for a maximum of 10 guests, with a minimum of 1-meter spacing between tables.
- We have switched to individual portions of afternoon tea (catered chalets only) and cheese boards, and are using single-use condiments where required.
- All drinks are served individually to avoid cross-contamination. Shared drinks jugs/wine bottles can only be served per household/table.
- To reduce the number of ‘high touch items’, welcome books, wine menus and other documentation that is usually for shared use have been removed from the property. Instead, these are available online or in other forms, for example on the property noticeboard.
- During ‘shared chalet’ dates, guests need to reserve a time slot to use the hot tub and disinfect high touch areas after each use. Notices and disinfectant materials are provided alongside the hot tub.
- At Hotel la Chaumiere, the breakfast buffet will be appropriately organised.
In addition to the above, the following will apply to our self-catered properties:
- We ask that you;
- only use the dishwasher to do your washing up, and that all washing up is done prior to check-out.
- place all dirty laundry, including mattress and pillow protectors, into the laundry sacks provided prior to checkout.
- air the property for a minimum of 20 minutes prior to checkout by opening windows and doors.
- dispose of all leftover food and rubbish prior to checkout.
- sanitise the door handles and key boxes on leaving the property using the wipes provided
- Any unoccupied bedrooms/bathrooms in your property will be locked to prevent unnecessary cleaning and laundry use in addition to helping us manage the extended changeover cleaning times required between bookings.